Escape with books

Escape with books

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Ugly Love


*Description*

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

*My Review*

5+ Orange Juice Stars

Standalone read in August


Ugly Love










This was my first book from author Colleen Hoover and Ugly it was not. I loved it from the first page, and I was hooked and reeled in!

Miles has "got this" and trying to figure it out in his own way with his own rules to go by. But rules are always made to be broken. Tate wants in and to be the one to break down his walls and be his future. Tate is up for the challenge to infiltrate all that he invades. Love the chemistry they have. Now if only they can see it too.

kissing gif photo:  111.gif

I was wondering how his past would catch up to his future to help him let go. The way he was able to come to terms with his past and all the Ugly he went through brought a tear to my eye.

crying gif photo: Crying D_Selenagomezcrying.gif

Loved the supporting characters as well they all had a little back story.

I do have other books from Colleen loaded on my e-reader so I will be getting to those sooner than later.



*Quotes*

“It's the beautiful moments like this that make up for the ugly love”

“But the second she opened her eyes and looked at me, I knew. She was either going to be the death of me . . . or she was going to be the one who finally brought me back to life.”

“When you kiss, you can close your eyes. You can kiss away the thoughts. You can kiss away the pain, the doubt, the shame. When you close your eyes and kiss, you protect yourself from the vulnerability.”


encore clapping photo: Rachel Clapping RachelClapping.gif


*My Teasers*
 photo ab0abd78-4882-45c5-ba76-9153bcbbadbf_zps0a03cd05.jpg

 photo 5D1A29A7-FECE-4258-A947-6342C2FAD384_zpsf3jczsog.jpg

*Links*

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover Reply w/ #AmazonCart for a free sample http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HB62MC0/r... via @amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment